Private surf lessons are the best way to learn how to surf or improve your skills.
Every surfer is different and our private surf lessons are catered to each student’s abilities and preferences. We take the time to get to know you before the lesson, and then customize every aspect to you.
First time surfing? We’ll set you up with a nice, big soft top board and a long rolling wave to give you plenty of time to stand up.
Been surfing for years but can’t quite land your first air reverse? No worries, we’ll find a punchy beach break to get the reps you need with expert instruction.
We find the right wave, board, and lesson structure to make sure you get the most out of your surf lesson.
We have private surf lessons for all ages and abilities.
Debating on taking a lesson from an instructor versus finding your way around Youtube Surf Channels? Read this article about the Most Common Mistakes Made by Beginner Surfers to find out why having an attentive and knowledgeable surf lesson, like one offered by Progressive Surf Academy, will be well worth your time. There’s no comparison!
Beginners$150 / 2 hours
- The best way to learn how to surf. Most students are standing up and surfing waves within minutes after hitting the water
- Our beginner lessons start with an instruction session on the beach to teach proper technique for standing up, staying safe in the waves, and paddling
- All equipment is included – just show up ready to surf!
Intermediate and Advanced$150 / 2 hours
- Our expert instructors can help progress your surfing to the next level with customized instruction designed for intermediate and advanced surfers
- We work with you to determine what skills you would like to improve, discuss the approach and wave selection, and then hit the water
- An extra half hour in the water allows for the most focused instruction and the most improvement
- All equipment is included, but if you have your own you are welcome to bring it