3 Simple Steps to Surfing Success:
Our Proven Approach For Your Surf Lesson
Meet And Greet
Get to know each other – your surfing history, goals in the water, favorite food, etc. We want to have a good time and make sure you want to come back!
On Land Instruction
Here we teach the techniques you’ll need to know to succeed in the water, get you fitted with your gear and make sure your wetsuit isn’t too tight…
Grab your board, hit the water, and let’s catch some waves! Our expert instructors will help you have the time of your life.
Lesson Types & Prices
- Beginner, intermediate, and advanced lessons available
- Great for all ages and abilities
- Private instruction is the best way to learn and improve quickly
- Includes a board and wetsuit
1 hour for $90
1.5 hours for $120 or
2 hours for $150
Lessons for Children
- Special lessons for younger children
- 1 and 2 hour lessons available
- A perfect introduction to surfing in a fun, safe environment
- Includes board and wetsuit
1 hour for $80, or
2 hour for $120
- Excellent for families or groups of friends
- 1 instructor for every 3 students for a safe and fun lesson
- A great group activity, goes well with a personal photo package
- Includes boards and wetsuits
2 hour lesson, $75/person
- Two students with one instructor
- Great for couples, friends, siblings or other pairs
- Fun for all ages and abilities
- Includes boards and wetsuits
2 hours for $90/person
Private Surf Lessons
Nothing beats one-on-one instruction in the water – Private surf lessons are the best way to learn how to surf or improve your skills.
Every surfer is different and our private surf lessons are catered to each student’s abilities and preferences. We take the time to get to know you before the lesson, and then customize every aspect to you.
First time surfing? We’ll set you up with a nice, big soft top board and a long rolling wave to give you plenty of time to stand up.
Been surfing for years but can’t quite land your first air reverse? No worries, we’ll find a punchy beach break to get the reps you need with expert instruction.
We find the right wave, board, and lesson structure to make sure you get the most out of your surf lesson.
We offer private surf lessons for all ages and abilities.
Beginners$150 / 2 hours
- The best way to learn how to surf. Most students are standing up and surfing waves within minutes after hitting the water
- Our beginner lessons start with an instruction session on the beach to teach proper technique for standing up, staying safe in the waves, and paddling
- All equipment is included – just show up ready to surf!
Intermediate and Advanced$150 / 2 hours
- Our expert instructors can help progress your surfing to the next level with customized instruction designed for intermediate and advanced surfers
- We work with you to determine what skills you would like to improve, discuss the approach and wave selection, and then hit the water
- An extra half hour in the water allows for the most focused instruction and the most improvement
- All equipment is included, but if you have your own you are welcome to bring it
Group Surf Lessons
Group surf lessons are always a fun experience for everyone involved, offering the benefits of personal surf instruction in a fun group setting. Group lessons are perfect for families, groups of friends, coworkers, parties, and more!
We don’t pair you with a bunch of strangers, your group surf lesson is like a private session for you and your friends or family!
Semi private lessons are also available for pairs of students – perfect for couples, siblings, best friends or any pair that wants to hit the water together!
In your group surf lesson, there will never be more than 3 students per one surf instructor. This helps us make sure everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience and gets the personal instruction and support needed to catch plenty of waves and have a blast!
We can accommodate a wide range of ages and abilities in group lessons, and provide all the equipment needed including boards and wetsuits.
3 or More Surfers$75 / hour per person
- Perfect for friends, families, coworkers, parties and more
- Always a fun experience with everyone sure to catch plenty of waves and have a great time
- One expert surf instructor for every 3 students for a safe and fun experience with plenty of personal instruction
- All equipment is included
Semi-Private (2 Surfers)$90 / hour per person
- Perfect for couples, siblings, best friends, and more
- A great way to hit the water with a partner for added fun!
- All equipment included
Surf Lessons For Children
Teaching children how to surf is one of our favorite activities. There’s nothing like the ear to ear smile on a child’s face when they catch their first wave! We offer special 1 hour and 2 hour lessons for children.
We are experts in teaching children how to surf and have been doing it for over 10 years. Safety is the most important aspect of our children’s surf lessons – you can trust that our trained instructors will keep your child safe throughout the lesson with our expert abilities in the water.
Sometimes children can be afraid of the water and the waves, and we have special approaches for every scenario to make sure they feel safe and comfortable and ready to have a great time. Depending on your child’s age and comfort in the water, our surfers can tandem surf (both on the same board) or your child can have his or her own board.
If you are looking to introduce your child or children to surfing, trust our expert instructors. A private is the best way to get kids into the water – they’ll be shredding in no time!
Childrens Surf Lessons$80 / 1 hour or $120 / 2 hours
- The best way to introduce children to surfing
- Safe and fun with our experienced instructors
- All equipment included
Lessons & Tours
Experience why SUP is one of the fastest growing water activities!
Stand up paddling is a fast growing sport that is achievable for any fitness level or age. You can stand up paddle on rivers, lakes, flat ocean waters or waves – the possibilities are endless!
This is a great fitness activity that truly works out your whole body. You will improve balance, coordination, muscle strength (especially legs, arms and core) and also cardio. It is ideal for rehabilitation or general cross training. Learning to stand up paddle can also serve as a valuable introduction to surfing.
San Diego is the perfect place to explore the waters on a stand up board and a guided experience will keep you safe. See for yourself why Stand Up Paddleboarding is one of the fastest growing watersports in the world!
Private Surf Coaching
Your path to better surfing
Surf coaching has quickly grown in popularity, as surfers of all abilities are seeing the benefits of a personal surf instructor who knows their styles, strengths and weaknesses in the water.
Our surf coaching is all about building a relationship and growing with you in the water. Whether you check in once a year or come for weekly lessons, our personal surf coaching can help you become a better surfer.
Surf coaching can benefit all abilities – competitive surfers trying to break through the ranks and beginner surfers trying to gain the confidence to go out on their own.